Friday 7 March 2014

Baukjen Spring Range: My Wish List

I am completely in love with Baukjen's new collection for this spring. Their latest magazine arrived on the day that I left to go on holiday and I was so taken with it that I stuffed it into my bag at the last minute so that I could continue to drool over it on the flight. Fast forward a few hours and that's exactly what I was doing, with both boys asleep, Mr DF watching a movie, and me with a large glass of wine and Baukjen to keep me company!

I was first introduced to their sister brand 'Isabella Oliver' whilst pregnant with my eldest son seven years ago. At the time I was working in the City and they certainly had the authority on the most flattering maternity wear for work and were best known for their iconic jersey wrap dresses that they still do today. By the time my second son came along two years later, the founder of Isabella Oliver had started Baukjen, offering easy everyday clothes that are stylish and made to stand the test of time.

Over the last few years I have bought a few things from Baukjen, mainly layering pieces such as long sleeves tees and tanks, which are such great quality. I haven't been tempted by anything for the last year or so, but I really think this latest collection is their best yet. It features some classic investment pieces such as leather bikers and boyfriend jeans as well as eye-catching prints and textured knits. The look is polished but casual at the same time and I can imagine myself in all of it! Here are my top  five:

Marino Textured Top £79

This is the perfect transitional top and if I had this I would wear it all the time! It goes with everything - all different styles of jeans, with pencil skirts for work, under a biker jacket, over leather trousers, the list is endless. I have a similar jumper from Whistles last summer so I can't justify buying it, but I want too! Luckily they do another item in the same textural tweed fabric...



Marino Car Coat £179
I love love love this, and would get so much wear out of it. I would pare it with skinnies or leather leggings and a simple tee underneath. Perfect for those spring days when you don't need a coat but still need to be warm. I'm seriously tempted but may have to wait for a big discount code.




Malta Print Dress £129
This is such as pretty, feminine dress and again I think it would get lots of wear. I like the way that the skirt is ruched and the top part is more relaxed - it looks really easy to wear as it is jersey and I have high hopes! Also love the snake print and the way they have styled it with the tan belt. It comes in pink too!



Ravenna Leather Jacket £389

A perfect investment for spring is a biker jacket in a paler shade of leather. This is gorgeous in the sand colourway and would look amazing with boyfriend jeans, a Breton top and heels.



Adrianna Shirt Dress £109

Another dress but more for dressed down casual days when you want to feel relaxed but still stylish. Chambray dresses are so easy to wear and I would  I would  team this with skater shoes or sneakers. A leather jacket would also work with it.



So there are my favourites, let me know what you think!

Finishing with an outfit from last night - dinner with the girls at my friend's house:



Black sculptured top - Whistles
Vintage distressed jeans - Karen Millen
Silver Ring Necklace - Tiffany's
Grey boots -  Ash jalouse
Leopard Mya Bag - Boden

A friend has asked me to do a post on trench coats so I will be back with this at the weekend!

Abbi x

9 comments:

  1. Love the Malta dress, I wonder if I could get away with wearing it to a wedding (probably a bit too casual), Love your Boden bag looks great with the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry to intrude but was intrigued by the name of your blog but even when I click on the above blog name, I cant find you. Would love to look at your blog.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same about the dress and I think you could wear it to a wedding with the right accessories. It's so pretty!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really nice pieces here.....really like the Marino top, but basically love and would wear it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Marino top looks really good and I love the print on the Malta dress - thats super cute!
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Malta print dress would top my list....just gorgeous!!

    Fab evening outfit....how versatile is that lovely bag....great to see you getting so much wear out of it, what a winner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo they are very nice!!! Shall be googling them very shortly. Your kitchen looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the only one I have seen with actual Ash boots in this style. Fab and going green in the corner here. That Malta print dress is lovely, if only I had the legs for it. I love the leather too. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s Sorted and I am now a follower on Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete