Wednesday 21 May 2014

Introducing Oliveira Shoes

Last week I was contacted by Maria Oliveira, designer of a fun and sophisticated collection of 'toe post' shoes, to choose a pair to review. I don't wear heels that often, so was really excited to be able to choose something different, and the Oliveira designs are totally unique as well as stunning! They are currently sold online at http://www.oliveira.uk.com, with free delivery and free returns.

The company was launched two years ago after a trip to Sri Lanka inspired Maria to design her own shoe collection.  Combining elegant style and comfort, Maria designed a range of toe posts and had them made in Sri Lanka, working with suppliers who meet all ethical standards, as she wanted to give something back to the country that gave her the inspiration.

The shoes arrived beautifully packaged, in a specially designed box made from clear plastic with a drawer that opens at one end:




I now want to keep all my shoes in boxes like this - I might actually be able to find them! Luckily, you can order extra shoe boxes from Oliveira, perfect if your shoes are currently in a big heap at the bottom of the wardrobe, like mine.

So which ones did I choose? There are so many different styles in the collection, I was spoilt for choice! In the end, I opted for the Rosario in red to go with a sundress that Allium B sent me last week - as you can see the colour matched perfectly:



Rosario shoes - Oliveira
Orla Sundress - Allium B
White Cardi - Uniqlo
Marbella Pendant - Stella & Dot
Bag - Nat & Nin at Yard

The shoes are handmade in the softest leather and are so comfortable - the heel (three inches) isn't too high for me, so I would actually be able to wear these all day!

And here are some others that caught my eye, starting with these gorgeous sparkly ones that would be suitable for a more special occasion:


Columbo



And I'm sure I could find a home in my wardrobe for some more leopard print:

Lisboa



These are such a fun alternative for the beach, I would get lots of wear out of these in the summer holidays when we tend to go to the beach most days:

Galle


And finishing with my absolute favourite, the Olivellies in leopard! How perfect would these be in autumn/winter for all the Dorset beaches and woodland walks?

Olivellies Leopard



Check out the collection at http://www.oliveira.uk.com

Maria has very kindly offered my readers a 10% discount across the entire range. Just enter ABBI at the checkout.

Next time on the blog: A review of a stunning collection of Stella & Dot jewellery.

Thank you for reading!

Abbi x

8 comments:

  1. These are a really interesting style :) And I love those wellies!

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. They match perfectly with your dress Abbi, a fab choice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm quite a matchy matchy girl so was v pleased!
      A x

      Delete
  3. A perfect match Abbi and you look lovely in the dress too. I rather like the wellies. H x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wellies would be good for a festival!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wellies are beyond fabulous!! Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty shoes and so perfect with your dress! xx

    ReplyDelete