Wednesday 27 August 2014

Join the Dots

Polka dots are a classic trend that work for all seasons and have the power to make any outfit look more playful and youthful, as well as being an easy pattern to wear. This autumn they look to be spot on again - here are some pictures from Pinterest for inspiration:

Mixing polka dots with fur and florals for an eclectic look:


A classic look with a splash of colour:


Spots work well for the monochrome trend:


And my current favourites from the high street, starting with this fabulous sweater from Karen Millen, featuring oversized spots:



And a classic shirt that would look as good for work as it would dressed down at the weekend:

White Stuff New Spot Top £37.50


And for something more elegant I adore this jersey top overlaid with spot mesh lace from Reiss:

Pip Black Spot Lace Top £69


And a more classic spotty top from Reiss that could be worn with matching trousers if you are bold enough to brave the head-to-toe look:

Ellie Print Perdita Spot £89


A more subtle silk version in nude from Zara:

Polka Dot Silk Top £39.99


I'm a big fan of Boden's cropped trousers - this is the spotty version for this autumn/winter:

Bistro Crop Trouser £59


And if you don't like full on spots, try an accessory like this cute Boden clutch to add some interest to a neutral outfit:

Zip Top Clutch £69


I would like to get the Karen Millen sweater but I have banned myself from any more grey jumpers/sweaters/tops, even if they are slightly different in pattern/texture etc. But the good thing with this trend is that we all probably have something in our wardrobe already that we can wear this autumn. I wore my spotty cropped trousers on Sunday to my Mum's for lunch:


Cropped Trousers (GAP SS13)
Pink Knit Top (Zara SS14)
Silver Slingbacks (Next SS14)
Denim Jacket - Topshop (old)

So, will you be wearing spots this autumn? Do you already have spotty things in your wardrobe?

Abbi x



9 comments:

  1. I love spots and I have a couple of items already but I love the Boden bistro crops and the clutch. Just gorgeous. Your spotty trousers look fab with the bright pink, Abbi. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clutch is gorgeous isn't it? I love it in the red as well!
      Abbi x

      Delete
  2. Loving the spotty trousers that are in at the moment. Something I have worn on a summers evening and can also wear into the autumn. The cropped trouser is great for my little short legs.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cropped trousers are perfect for this time of year, I haven't worn my spotty ones all summer, so need to wear them a lot this month!
      Abbi x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh the zara nude top is gorgeous, my favourite colour. Love your little cropped trousers Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've literally just picked up a pair of polka dot trousers from Next that look just like your Gap ones! Love spots x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything spotty! I bought a Uniqlo spot silk shirt in spring which I am looking forward to wearing again now it's cooler! Love your trews Abbi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trousers are amazing, I really love those

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dots too & my wee girl is obsessed by 'spotties' as she calls them! Ax

    ReplyDelete