Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Touch of Sparkle...

I'm not talking full on sequins here (although they do have their place and we can deal with that another day!), but there's nothing like a touch of sparkle to make you feel special on a night out or add interest to a daytime outfit.

I prefer subtle sparkles, and love the shimmer of the Whistles fine knit top below that I bought in the sale last summer, to jazz up a pair of jeans for a casual evening when you want to wear something different, but don't want to look overdressed. This was to go out for pizza and drinks with Mums from school last night:

Whistles Sparkle Knit - SS13 sale
Necklaces - Z at Accessorize (AW14)
Mint Velvet Double Zip Black Jeans (AW13) 
Shoes - New Look (AW14)
Khaki Jacket - True Religion SS14

Whistles has a similar navy version for this season:

Sophia Sparkle Knit £85


And this super soft sparkly crew neck sweater comes in a range of colours:

Annie Sparkle Knit £65


I also love this one from Oasis, so cute with the bow at the back:

Oasis Sequin Bow Back Jumper £40


Mint Velvet has this chic layered knit with subtle sparkle:

Black Sparkle Layer Knit £89


Or add some sparkly shoes to an all black or neutral look, like these jewelled beauties from Boden:

Jewelled Pump £129


Boden also has this stunning glittery bag, perfect for the party season:

Zip Top Clutch £69


A scarf is also a great way to add a touch of sparkle - I really like the colour of this sequin embellished scarf from Marks & Spencer:

Per Una Sequin Embellished Striped Scarf £15


And finishing with my favourite, it's way too much money, but I LOVE it - it is sequinned but still looks relaxed and not too over the top. I am adding this to the birthday wish list which is my only hope and even then the likelihood is so tiny it's basically non-existent:

2nd Day Jumper With Sequin Panel


What sparkly things do you have in your wardrobe? As always I would love to hear from you!

Abbi x



9 comments:

  1. I'm a real magpie when it comes to sparkle! I used to have a fine knit top, really wish I'd kept it, the Whistles looks loose so I might get away with it, I think I've learnt to keep hold of stuff like this because it always comes back in fashion. I'm loving my Boden shoes but haven't been anywhere to wear them yet, I know I shouldn't of got them but got caught in the hype and the sparkle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is loose and quite drapey, so you should try it? Which colour shoes did you get? They look so pretty!
      A x

      Delete
  2. Love a bit of sparkle and your sweater is the perfect thing for an informal night out!! Gotta say I am loving the Boden bag.....can I justify it though?? Decisions, decisions!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could order it just to see what it's like, think they still have the 20% off? It's lovely and would be great in the run up to Xmas. Also wonder if accessorise have anything at a better price?!
      A x

      Delete
  3. Totally agree, full on sequins can look amazing but you've got to have an occasion, unless it's shoes or bag!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection - you've got me craving some sparkle! Love love that Boden bag - a great piece that you'd have for years Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bit of sparkle, perfect for winter to brighten up the darkest of days! Love the Boden shoes so much. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore sparkles! You look amazing in yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up a gorgeous little jumper with a hint of sparkle from Mango last year. It really lifts a plain boring ecru colour. Those pumps are full on aren't they but I absolutely love them Abbi. Great outfit (again). You always seem to get it so right x

    ReplyDelete